Personal Injury… That’s Truly Personal
When someone is hurt or killed due to negligence or willful misconduct of others, they or their loved ones often seek out an attorney to help them navigate the complexities of tort law and instruct them on how to best protect their rights.
A high number of personal injury claims coupled with relaxed rules for creative advertising can allow a single attorney to represent hundreds of clients at the same time, but we do not believe that these legal services are ideal for everybody. We choose to limit the number of clients we represent, because this model allows us to address opportunities unique to each case and truly cater to the individual needs of our clients. Some clients need that, and we’d rather do too much, than care too little.
We think know you will appreciate the difference.
- Help Is One Call Away. You will have the cell phone numbers of an entire team, including your client care specialist, paralegal and attorney.
- Owner Accountability. If for some reason you are not completely satisfied with your case, just tell anyone on your team and Derek Horne (the owner and founder) will call you within 24 hours.
- Real Attention to Your Case. We limit the number of cases we take because you should never feel like you are on a conveyor belt, or that we are too busy to listen. Your case is unique, and you need a plan of action specifically suited to you, your family and your financial situation.
- Negotiations Handled by Attorneys. Other firms allow non-attorneys to discuss and make settlement offers as they work to resolve thousands of cases. We just aren’t comfortable with that, as we want to ensure that you have our best negotiators and receive the highest settlement offers possible.
- Evidence of Our Work. We are transparent, detailed and thorough. As loyal and fierce advocates, we will show you how we are fighting for you each step of the way.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” - Winston Churchill
Firefighters, police officers and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) help save countless lives every year by being the first individuals to arrive at motor vehicle accident scenes. In recognition of their commitment to service, a portion of Horne Law Firm profits are donated to charities that help support these brave men and women.
Rising Video Star Scholarship Winners:
2020: Alyssa Nelson
In Fall Semester 2020 Alyssa started school at Georgia Highlands College where she plans to work on her core academic classes before transferring to Kennesaw State University. At Kennesaw she plans to study physical therapy and film. Alyssa received a $1,500 scholarship package that included a MacBook Air, Backpack & Accessories.
2021: Coming this Fall
TEEN SAFE DRIVER INITATIVE
According to the CDC, in a typical year over 200,000 teens are treated in emergency departments for injuries suffered in motor vehicle crashes and over 2,300 are killed. Sadly, that means that six teenagers ages 16–19 died every day from a motor vehicle accident.
Distracted driving plays a significant role in this needless carnage. For example, in 2015, 42% of high school students who drove in the past 30 days reported sending a text or email while driving. The Horne Law Firm is committed to helping save teen lives through its “Eyes on the Road” initiative.
Free, but usually limited to 45 minutes so that we can properly serve our clients, make hospital visits, attend court, etc. We prefer to do these in person, as that is usually the best way to see if a client is a good fit for our V.I.P. client care model. Of course, if you would like to just call us and ask a few questions, that option is available as well.
We get paid when you win your case, and do not charge legal fees if you lose. We also pay upfront expert, investigation and litigation costs, because if we have taken you on as a client we believe in you. Fees are based on the gross settlement, mediation or trial verdict at an agreed upon rate. Note: it is our policy to reduce fees, if after a paying a client’s medical bills and expenses we would somehow receive more than the client. Put simply, we don’t walk away with more than our clients.
Not all personal injury claims can or should be resolved quickly. As the case progresses doctors, hospitals and other medical care specialists will often prefer to get paid immediately. We will negotiate with health care providers and insurance companies on your behalf, arrange alternatives to immediate payment and secure outside funding when necessary, so that you can focus on your family and getting well.
For a free consultation call (912) 800-HURT (4878) or email us at email@example.com.