Derek E. Horne is the owner and founder of The Horne Law Firm. For several years, he was the Managing Attorney of a large state-wide personal injury firm.
Derek learned from that experience and is fully committed to making sure that his law firm and its caring staff cater to the individual and personal needs of injured clients and their families. He understands the intrinsic and inherent value clients gain by being able to have frequent and direct contact with their attorney, paralegal and client care specialist. Derek also knows that insurance companies do not like taking chances or taking on added expense. This is particularly true when it comes to going to court where jury verdicts can sometimes be much larger than expected. Derek and his staff attorneys use their willingness to go to court as leverage in settlement negotiations, and will always go to court when it is in the best interest of the client.
Prior to his time working for several personal injury firms in Georgia, Derek worked as…
- Vice-Consul for Policy and Management in the Atlanta British Consulate
- Attorney-Advisor to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Legislative Correspondent to U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander
During these endeavors, Derek was heavily involved in advocating for and influencing public policy. He is particularly proud of his work on reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act and legal research he performed on restoration of voting rights to non-violent felons who had completed their sentences.
Prior to doing public policy work, Derek worked as a licensed stock broker for E*Trade Securities and in the computer industry as a Microsoft certified computer specialist.
Derek lives in Savannah and very much enjoys reading history, scuba diving, travel and playing Texas Hold’em poker. He is also the proud “Duncle” of a niece at Georgia Southern University.
- National Merit Scholar
- B.S. – Political Science, Kennesaw State University (2000)
- J.D. – Tulane University Law School (2004)
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
Admitted to Practice
- All Georgia State & Superior Courts
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Georgia
For a free consultation call (912) 675-3721 or email us at email@example.com.